Physics 623 - Electronic Aids to Measurement
Physics 623 is primarily intended for graduate students who will work in a research laboratory and require a basic background in electronic design and the use of electronic instruments.
TopicsThe course covers the fundamentals of electronics including:
- Circuit theory
- Basic electronic components
- The integration of components into practical circuits and measuring instruments.
Labs & Lectures
- The course is taught with two 75 min lectures and one three hour laboratory session per week.
ExperimentsThe experiments start with the use of basic components such as:
- Transmission lines
- Amplifier circuits
- The study of feedback amplifiers
- Electronic noise
- Analog /digital conversion
- Computer circuit simulation
- Programmable logic.