UW-Physics Spam & Virus Filtering
The UW-Physics email service is filtered by Sophos PureMessage as per the following policy:
- Messages containing viruses will have the viruses removed and will not be delivered--rather they will be quarantined
- Messages containing suspicious attachments will not be delivered--rather they will be quarantined
- Messages with a spam probability of 80% or more will not be delivered--rather they will be quarantined
- Messages with a spam probability of 50% or more will have "[SPAM SCORE: XX%]" added to the Subject: line and will be delivered
- All other messages will have a "X-PMX-Spam-Score:" line added to their headers and will be delivered
- There is no need to manually delete blocked/quarantined messages because blocked/quarantined messages are automatically removed after 14 days.
- If you have any blocked/quarantined messages at 3pm Central Standard time, you will be sent an email message which lists all of your blocked/quarantined messages, and allows you to have ones you individually choose delivered
- You may view and manage your blocked/quarantined messages, add "approved" senders, and "blocked" senders at the following web site: http://physics.wisc.edu:28080/
- If you receive spam messages which the system does not detect as spam, you may forward them to "firstname.lastname@example.org" so they can be used to update the spam rule set.
- If you receive legitimate messages which the system detects as spam, you may forward them to "email@example.com" so they too can be used to update the spam rule set.