Re: RSI / CreaSo survey: Whish list

In article <4a6ak3$k0v@ratatosk.uio.no> steinhh@amon.uio.no (Stein Vidar Hagfors Haugan) writes:

[Some good ideas deleted]

I just wanted to add my vote for the following features:

>3. Possibility of Macros, e.g.:
>#define ABORT(text)  BEGIN & MESSAGE,TEXT,/CONTINUE & RETURN,-1 & END

 Definitely.  I find myself _not_ using lots of small functions, because
otherwise the results from HELP,/ROUTINES becomes useless.

>5. Different brackets for array subscripts and function calls.

 Or just some way of distinguishing between arrays and functions.  A
programmer shouldn't have to wonder whether a variable name will conflict with
some other previously defined function.