Re: IDL wish list (continued)

 > This is part of the fundamental nature of IDL and would be
 > difficult if not impossible to resolve without the use of either
 > explicit or implicit typing.

Not really, all you have to do is arrange for the interpreter to
warn users that a variable they are using has not been explicitly set
to a value.  MATLAB does this and doesn't require typing.
--
916-653-8268 rfinch@water.ca.gov / finger for PGP public key
"The jury has the right to judge both the law as well as the fact in