Re: IDL v5.1 impressions

J.D. Smith (jdsmith@astrosun.tn.cornell.edu) writes:

> I'm glad to have rooted out another bug.  Seems that with all the
> bugs/design issues I've found in shipping versions of IDL ...
> I might deserve an IDL coffee mug :).

Indeed. I personally find your posts so interesting and
informative I think they should send you the shirt too. :-)

Cheers,

David

P.S. Thanks for posting this. Most illuminating. And
thanks to Ali Bahrami, who is always a thoughtful and
articulate spokesperson for RSI, for the clarification.
I think it shows how difficult these "simple" decisions
can really be.

David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
E-Mail: davidf@dfanning.com