[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: IDL server mode
- Subject: Re: IDL server mode
- From: Brian Guarraci <guarraci(at)hpl.umces.edu>
- Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 14:24:35 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Maryland, Chesapeake Biological Lab.
- References: <3578111F.F472DE5A@hpl.umces.edu>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:11188
I figured out my own solution:
idl -server < /dev/null |& cat >! /dev/null &
Brian Guarraci wrote:
> Can IDL run be in server mode in a background process? I've only been
> able to get server mode to work properly in a foreground process. I've
> tried: idl -server& and closing my xterm, but it seems to act funky -
> depsite the fact that the server is still running. Do I need to reroute
> stdout and stderr?
> Any help would be appreciated.