[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Requested improvement to QROMB
- Subject: Re: Requested improvement to QROMB
- From: Wayne Landsman <landsman(at)mpb.gsfc.nasa.gov>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 22:59:01 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: NASA Goddard Space Flight Center -- Greenbelt, Maryland USA
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:11667
> I hit upon the following problem when using QROMB. The routine that
> is being integrated used to get its parameters via keywords.
> Well, QROMB is not only oblivious but hostile to that, as it does
> not support _extra keywords. Thus my solution was to use the venerable
> common block.
> I'll put in a request to RSI to allow the _extra behavior to QROMB and other
> such routines.
> Any other suggestions before I do that?
(1) Allowing the user-supplied function to accept _EXTRA keywords would also
be useful for other programs, such as QSIMP, QROMO, LMFIT and SVDFIT
(2) All these programs could be many times faster, if the user -supplied
functions were allowed to be vectorized! It goes against all my IDL
training to have to write functions that must a accept a scalar input and
return a scalar value.