Re: dongle licence problems

It's probably too late now but I had a similar problem under IDL 5.1 Windows
NT4. It seems that if the information is entered incorrectly once, or the
dongle is not in place, then even if the error is corrected IDL will continue
to report an error until IDL and the computer is restarted.
I also had/have a conflict between my old QMS-810 (PS) laser printer and the
dongle. If the printer is plugged in but not turned on then I can only run in
demo mode, consequently I have to have the printer powered up whenever I want
to use IDL.
One final dongle moan (whilst I'm on the subject) - if the dongle stops
working (pulled out by accident, printer turned off, etc.) IDL gives me a
"seven minutes to save work" warning and the application title changes to
"demo mode". If I correct the problem the "demo mode" text disappears but 7
mins later IDL terminates.
And I can't push my computer right back against the wall either.

Justin