Re: No, no, not again!

In article <MPG.10bb10ccfad542209896da@news.frii.com>
davidf@dfanning.com (David Fanning) writes:

> David Foster (foster@bial1.ucsd.edu) writes:
>
> > Along these same lines, I have always disliked the limitation that
> > you can only use the WIDGET_BASE(..., MBAR=menu_widID ) keyword
> > for top-level base widgets. This precludes the use of this handy
> > feature for any widget that might need to be called from within
> > another widget...quite a limitation in my opinion.
>
> I don't understand what you mean by "any widget that might
> need to be called from within another widget". Can you
> elaborate? Certainly any widget program that has its
> own top-level base can have a menu bar and be called
> from any other widget program. I'm confused by what you
> mean.

I think David Foster just dropped one or two qualifiers, but then his
statement is correct: "any (potentially modal) widget that might need
to be called from within another widget". "Potentially modal" here
means "modal if called from within another widget".

>From the widget_base online documentation (MBAR keyword):

   Caution You cannot specify both the MBAR and MODAL keywords for
   the same widget. Doing so will cause an error.

Also, modal widgets cannot be scrollable.

Regards,

Stein Vidar