[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: handling of different(many) processes
- Subject: Re: handling of different(many) processes
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:58:46 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <36780B7C.6696F30E@fz-juelich.de>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:13154
R.Bauer (R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de) writes:
> I like to have a mechanism which allows me to put some routines into a
> idl background proccess while an other process is running.
> I believe this is possible with widgets.
> But what did I have to do with normal routines like:
> reading 30 MB into a structure
> calculating something
> while saving to a sav file returning to the user.
> or returning to the user while saving to a sav file.
> At the moment I have to save to a sav file and after it's finished I am
> able to return.
> Any ideas are welcome!
Ain't a gonna happen! Sorry. :-(
P.S. Maybe my favorite line from the movie "The Princess Bride" is
a consolation: "Get used to disappointment."
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: email@example.com
Coyote's Guide to IDL Progamming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155