Re: Including files

Martin Schultz wrote:
> Liam Gumley wrote:
> > So do I, but I always make sure I've had my coffee first :-)
> >
> > The script above generates a syntax error at the ENDIF line when
> > included with
> >
> > @myinclude.pro
> >
> oh je! you ask for tested software? I'll sure get my coffee next time
> round...
> But it does work in procedures (or functions), just not in $MAIN$ or if
> included at the prompt.
> So at least we now know how to prevent someone from using common blocks
> in $MAIN$ ;-)

Martin,

Please accept my most humble apologies; you are correct. I was
mistakenly basing my comments on the IDL 5.1 and 5.2 documentation,
which is apparently dead wrong (or at least incomplete). To see what I
mean, check out the online book 'Using IDL', section 'Running IDL',
'Batch Execution'.

Cheers,
Liam.

--
Liam E. Gumley
Space Science and Engineering Center, UW-Madison