[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: "R.Bauer" <R.Bauer(at)fz-juelich.de>
- Subject: Re: widget_programming
- From: Liam Gumley <Liam.Gumley(at)ssec.wisc.edu>
- Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 08:41:59 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Space Science and Engineering Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- References: <3755190E.9701C37A@fz-juelich.de>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:15005
> position keywords are fine if I use always the same platform for my
> application. But unfortunately we have some computers and some platforms where
> positional widgets are shown very bad.
> The main reason is the different system font and the different screen
> Which fonts are on unix idl and nt idl will give the same results? Is
> there a list avaliable?
> Did the fontsize append on the screen resolution and how will I get
> independent to the screen resolution?
> I do understand well thats if I defined 1280 * 1024 and I have on an
> other one only 1024 x 768 I got in trouble.
> But if I define 200 * 160 both should look simliar. What happens is
> thats on the best system (it's always the one where the widget was
> builded) all is ok and on an other one all is shifted on top of each
> other. Input fields could not be reached.
Mike Schienle has some very nice routines for cross platform font sizing
Liam E. Gumley
Space Science and Engineering Center, UW-Madison