Re: widget_list silliness

In article <375EB38B.EF2494@astrosun.tn.cornell.edu>, "J.D. Smith"
<jdsmith@astrosun.tn.cornell.edu> wrote:

>Can a few people try:
>

>IDL> b=widget_base()
>IDL> l=widget_list(b,xsize=20,ysize=10,value='')
>IDL> widget_control,b,/realize
>
>vs.
>
>IDL> b=widget_base()
>IDL> l=widget_list(b,xsize=20,ysize=10)
>IDL> widget_control,b,/realize
>IDL> widget_control,l,set_value=''
>

>Under linux 5.2 I get a small list with a tiny selectable entry for the
>first method, and a regular sized (10 regular text columns high)  list
>with a tiny entry for the second.  I'm not sure why this entry is so
>tiny, but it sure makes things problematic when I fill the list in.
>This is new to 5.2 for me.

Both hierarchies are identical on MacOS with room for 10 lines and 20
characters per lines.

Help, !Version, /Str
** Structure !VERSION, 5 tags, length=40:
   ARCH            STRING    'PowerMac'
   OS              STRING    'MacOS'
   OS_FAMILY       STRING    'MacOS'
   RELEASE         STRING    '5.2'
   BUILD_DATE      STRING    'Oct 30 1998'

--
Mike Schienle                                 Interactive Visuals, Inc.
mgs@ivsoftware.com                  Remote Sensing and Image Processing