Re: widget_list silliness

J.D. Smith wrote:

> Can a few people try:
>
> IDL> b=widget_base()
> IDL> l=widget_list(b,xsize=20,ysize=10,value='')
> IDL> widget_control,b,/realize
>
> vs.
>
> IDL> b=widget_base()
> IDL> l=widget_list(b,xsize=20,ysize=10)
> IDL> widget_control,b,/realize
> IDL> widget_control,l,set_value=''
>
> Under linux 5.2 I get a small list with a tiny selectable entry for the
> first method, and a regular sized (10 regular text columns high)  list
> with a tiny entry for the second.  I'm not sure why this entry is so
> tiny, but it sure makes things problematic when I fill the list in.
> This is new to 5.2 for me.
>
> JD

JD,

  I never had anything before 5.2 on linux, but I also observe weird
things with these widget_list's: I see a similar behaviour change
whether I set the value in the definition statement or afterwards, only
that I never see "tiny" selectable entries. These appear normal to me.
However, I do not always get the correct ysize if I use
widget_control,set_value. It may be due to the lousy code in explore,
but when I tried it here, the two lists on the right (for a screen
snapshot of the main window, please see my web page) are cut off at the
bottom (i.e. the borderline is missing: all 7 text lines are displayed
correctly). Please submit this as a bug rport to RSI!

Martin.

--

Martin Schultz, DEAS, Harvard University, 29 Oxford St., Pierce 109,