Re: IDL Spawn command on UNIX system

I think the solution to your problem is to make sure your
remote shell command does terminate, while leaving the remote
job in operation. I think this should be possible if you write
a script to be run by the remsh command that goes something like
this:

--------------- remscript.csh
   #/bin/csh
   do_my_job >& /dev/null &
--------------- end remscript.csh

and then use the spawn command approx. like this (don't know
the syntax of your "remsh" command, but..):

   spawn,"remsh machine.idcomm.com remscript.csh"

Some variations on a theme may apply here, but the key
issue is to get your remote shell command to terminate.
That means making the remote shell *script* terminate.

Regards,

Stein Vidar