[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: RGB image to 8 bit ??
- Subject: Re: RGB image to 8 bit ??
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 15:33:07 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <37D7F0DD.A3B82D7A@sbrc.umanitoba.ca> <37D7F6B5.13AFBDA@ssec.wisc.edu>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:16481
Liam Gumley (Liam.Gumley@ssec.wisc.edu) writes:
> Richard Tyc wrote:
> > At this point, the image is a bytarr[3,512,512]
> > In order to load it into Xinteranimate, it needs to be in
> > bytarr[512,512] form ?
> > So, how do you convert a RGB triple image into a single 8-bit image
> > while retaining
> > the colors (although lower resolution of color)
> pseudo = color_quan(image, 1, r, g, b, colors=!d.table_size)
> device, decomposed=0
> tvlct, r, g, b
> tv, pseudo
Be sure you know what you are doing with Color_Quan here.
What you *don't* want to be doing is getting a different
color table for each image frame.
When I faced the same problem of 24-bit images in
XInterAnimate, I found it fairly trivial to modify the
XInterAnimate code to accept 24-bit images. Hey, here is
a suggestion for IDL 5.3. :-)
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: email@example.com
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155