Re: undefined keyword variables

the omnipresent dfanning wrote:
> Any keyword in the
> extra structure that is not appropriate for the command it
> is passed to is simply ignored.

IDL> plot, x, y
IDL> oplot, x+1, y, _extra={spurgleplump:0}
<works>

doh! it's true.  I guess it would have to be, wouldn't it, otherwise
you couldn't use _extra to pass keywords through intermediate routines.
Guess I had more energy than brains last Friday.

Anyone need a routine to extract a particular set of fields from one
anonymous structure into another?  I no longer have a use for the one
I wrote. :->

thanks also to Mati and Liam for the advice.
Mark Fardal
UMass