Re: do I really need to use loops on objects?

Craig Markwardt <craigmnet@cow.physics.wisc.edu> wrote in message
onr9h6o315.fsf@cow.physics.wisc.edu">news:onr9h6o315.fsf@cow.physics.wisc.edu...
> So, object_array->method() *should* call "method" for each object in
> object_array, irregardless of the type of the object.  If one of the
> objects doesn't define "method" then an exception should be raised.

I agree, but how should IDL handle data returned by the objects (either the
result of function-type methods or the keyword data returned by a method
like GetProperty)? There is no reason to expect that the return values of a
group of objects should all be of a data type and dimensionality that would
allow them to be bundled into an array.

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield@niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield/
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research
PO Box 14-901, Wellington, New Zealand