Re: GUI Builder or lack of!

David Fanning wrote:

> Dave Brennan (9147261b@clinmed.gla.ac.uk) writes:
>
> > I was wondering what other newsgroup members think about the lack of GUI
> > builder on platforms apart from window systems.
>
> You should count your blessings. :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> David
>
> P.S. Believe me, this is something you only *think* you want.
> It's a common problem this time of year. (At least it is
> around my household.)
>
> --
> David Fanning, Ph.D.
> Fanning Software Consulting
> Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: davidf@dfanning.com
> Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
> Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155

David,

I can understand from a seasoned programmers point of view why GUI builders
would seem ugly and be more of a hiderence than a help. However, working in a
hospital I have only a limited time to spend programing in IDL (and other
languages too), as I have other commitments. The GUIbuilder would at least
allow simple things to be programmed quickly with a front end the
radiologists could relate to. (Have to be very user friendly!)

Michael, I too am an impurist in programming terms. Therefore, your safe from
the flames!

Anyway there is only one thing that I ask for, from Santa,

IDL equality for all!

Dave Brennan