realizing nonmodal widgets

Hi all!
I have a TLB widget that contains a widget button called INPUT.  When
INPUT is pressed a non modal dialog widget pops up on the screen to
allow the user to input some data values.  Currently, if you press the
INPUT widget button on the TLB a second time, then a second INPUT dialog
widget opens up.  This is not what I want.  I would like IDL to bring
the input widget to the foreground if it is already realized and if it
is not, then I want IDL to realize it.  What is the most efficient or
elegant way of doing this?  My naïve understanding is that I will have
to use widget_info to determine if the widget has been realized and
then, if so, somehow bring it to the foreground with widget_control but
I am not sure.
Thanks.
-Brian

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/