Re: CALL_EXTERNAL with F90 on an SGI

Myron:

I ran into a similar problem a while back using CALL_EXTERNAL to call some C
routines. My IDL had been installed under IRIX 6.2, but then later I upgraded
to IRIX 6.5 without re-installing IDL. Therefore, my IDL was installed with the
IRIX 6.2 default -o32 switch, but  I was compiling and linking my new C code
with the IRIX 6.5 default -n32 switch, and I got the errors you describe when I
tried running my IDL program. I "solved" the problem by compiling and linking
my C code using -o32 and everything worked just fine.

Hope this helps.

--Terry

--
Terence (Terry) Haran       National Snow & Ice Data Center
tharan@kryos.colorado.edu   University of Colorado