[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Strange memory problem
- Subject: Strange memory problem
- From: rkj(at)dukebar.crml.uab.edu (R. Kyle Justice)
- Date: 21 Dec 1999 22:32:18 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:17820
When I do the following:
my computer (a Sparc20 with 128MB of *available* ram) grinds
to a halt. Actually it starts using swap. Don't tell me
PV-Wave is making 5 or 6 copies of the array just to do this
Has anyone else seen this curious behavior on PV-Wave? IDL? I have
verified it on a PC, and using different versions of PV-Wave(6.1,7.0).
I have played around with the z-value and 25 (i.e. 25MB) is roughly
the cutoff for going into swap for a 128MB system.