Re: New PostScript Configuration Program

Hi Folks,

Well, I'm learning more than I ever wanted to about the
complexities of passing IDL save files around. I find (within
a percentage point) that the same number of people have trouble
reading save files downloaded from a web page as have the Netscape
Navigator browser. Now *there* is a research project for someone. :-)

Anyway, I've now compressed my SAVE files into compressed files
(UNIX compress command) or zip files. I presume most everybody can
handle these. (Even the Mac folks, I hope.) One benefit is that
these files are MUCH smaller.

So, to download the FSC_PSCONFIG program, choose one of these links.
Be sure to select a downloadable file that is compatible with the computer
and version of IDL you use.

IDL 5.1 Zip File
   http://www.dfanning.com/shareware/programs/idl51/fsc_psconfig__define.zip

IDL 5.1 compress Files
   http://www.dfanning.com/shareware/programs/idl51/fsc_psconfig__define.sav.Z

IDL 5.2 Zip File
   http://www.dfanning.com/shareware/programs/idl52/fsc_psconfig__define.zip

IDL 5.2 compress Files
   http://www.dfanning.com/shareware/programs/idl52/fsc_psconfig__define.sav.Z

IDL 5.3 Zip File
   http://www.dfanning.com/shareware/programs/idl53/fsc_psconfig__define.zip

IDL 5.3 compress Files
   http://www.dfanning.com/shareware/programs/idl53/fsc_psconfig__define.sav.Z

Uncompress or unzip the "fsc_psconfig__define.sav" to a local directory.

The easiest way to see the FSC_PSConfig program run, is to type these
commands:

   IDL> Restore, "fsc_psconfig__define.sav"
   IDL> PS_Plotter, Object=psObject

Sorry for all the confusion.

I've updated the documentation for the program as well:

   http://www.dfanning.com/shareware/docs/fsc_psconfig.html

I've fixed a few bugs, but I'm still looking for help. Thanks!

Cheers,

David

--
David Fanning, Ph.D.