Re: Q: Scientific notation in Obj. graphics

I wrote yesterday:

> Mirko Vukovic (mvukovic@taz.telusa.com) writes:
>
> > In direct graphics I use textoidl and Hershey fonts
> > for dealing with greek characters, subscripts and superscripts.
> >
> > What is the best way to deal with that in object graphics?
> >
> > I'm under the impression that in OG I have to declare a font,
> > for example Hershey 4 and use it for a text object.  But how
> > do I mix different Hershey fonts?
>
> Humm, well, *that's* a good question. You certainly can't
> use the normal Hershey escape characters, as I just found
> out to my chagrin. :-(
>
> I'll see what I can find out, but in the meantime, let
> us know if you learn something, Mirko.

As the good folks at RSI have let me know, this *would*
have worked had a just set the ENABLE_FORMATTING keyword
on the text object.

So, to do this: use a Font object set up to use Hershey
fonts and be sure you enable embedded formatting codes
by setting the ENABLE_FORMATTING keyword on the text object.

Cheers,

David

--
David Fanning, Ph.D.