Re: Best Movie/Animation Format for LARGE files

wcapehar@my-deja.com (wcapehar@my-deja.com) writes:

> I have been working on some large image time series (long in time and
> large in size) and am wondering what the best format (jpeg/mpeg) for
> saving them with the least distortion to the frames.
>
> Ideas? (I'm already breaking up the time series into smaller clips.)

I've been getting reports--John Broccio's article today is
only the latest--of poor resolution when making MPEG movies.
I don't know what to make of it. I thought I might check with
the folks at RSI and see what I can find out. But in light of
what I have been hearing, I'd be thinking about JPEG, probably.

Cheers,

David
--
David Fanning, Ph.D.