[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: width of xyouts?
- Subject: Re: width of xyouts?
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:50:21 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <38B53825.286CE977@see.signature.edu>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:18616
eddie haskell (email@example.com) writes:
> So my question is: Is there a way to obtain the width of a text string
> using postscript fonts without adding to the size of the postscript
I don't think I would have expected this WIDTH trick
to work in PostScript. (Where would the feedback come
from?) I don't know of an alternative, except to choose
a non-proportionally spaced font and count letters.
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155