Re: rstrpos: version 5.2 and version 5.3

davidf@dfanning.com (David Fanning) writes:

> And, anyway, I consider the use of FORWARD_FUNCTION to
> be an admission of a program structure that is out of
> control. Nothing against it, you just wouldn't find it
> in any of my programs. :-)

FORWARD_FUNCTION is not the best, but I do find it useful in some
special cases, like when there is an IDL version dependency.  It's a
little bit of insurance that I stick at the top of my program file to
give more precise behavior.

But I do see what you are saying here: pre-5.3 IDL STRPOS functions
don't take keywords.  Then your only alternative is to use
call_function as suggested.

Craig