[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: Stepwise regression
- From: "William O. Gallery" <wgallery(at)aer.com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 11:33:33 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: AER, Inc.
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:18716
Does anyone have a stepwise multiple linear regression routine? IDL help lists
the routine stepwise.pro as obsolete and as replaced by regress.pro. However
regress only does the regression on all the specified terms, it does not do the
stepwise regression. Why is stepwise obsolete? Is there an equivalent wrapper
for regress.pro which prints out significance, confidence intervals ...?
William O. Gallery email@example.com
Atmospheric & Environmental Research, Inc. Voice(617) 349-2284
840 Memorial Drive (617) 547-6207
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139 www.aer.com FAX (617) 661-6479