Re: Strange behavior on Unix

Yep,

    I have noticed the problem with IDL 5.3 inserting the "r"-like
character.   I have also found that this often occurs when you cut-and-paste
or otherwise edit text.

    RSI told me that they bought the editor portion of the IDLDE environment
from a software firm - guess they should have programmed it themselves.

-chris