Re: Contour plots on maps

Hi Simon,

   what helped me often in these situations is to make sure that the
data and
your map projection are "aligned" correctly, i.e. for a regional plot
(using the
LIMIT keyword to MAP_SET) you shouldn't have (much) more data than what
fits onto
the map, and in case you wrap your map around the dateline or play
similar tricks,
you should also shift your data accordingly. Although CELL_FILL covers
many of these
situations, I still consider it a somewhat dirty trick and I am only
happy after my plots appear similar with or without CELL_FILL.

David: here is what could be the tip of the year 2000 (although not as
simpel and short as the decomposed thing): "Why are my (filled) contours
so messy?"

Cheers,
Martin

--
[[ Dr. Martin Schultz   Max-Planck-Institut fuer Meteorologie    [[