[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
CALL_EXTERNAL and Fortran under Linux
- Subject: CALL_EXTERNAL and Fortran under Linux
- From: "Eric L. N. Jensen" <ejensen1(at)swarthmore.edu>
- Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 11:55:26 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Swarthmore College
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19839
I'm trying to get up to speed with calling
external routines in IDL, since I've got a lot of
fortran code that I'd like to use, but I want to be
able to easily plot the results, etc.
I've been through the examples in my IDL 5.2
distribution, and I see that the Fortran examples
in the Makefile all give the message:
"NOT Implemented for example: f77"
Has anyone successfully called external fortran
routines under Linux IDL, and if so, would you
be willing to provide an example of compiler
flags used, C wrapper subroutine (if needed), etc.?
If not, I'll forge ahead and post the results
when/if I figure it out.
I'm using the egcs (i.e. GNU gcc/g77) compiler
under Redhat Linux.
Thanks in advance,
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy