reading a Mac text file on Windows

All,

I have an ascii text file that was created on a Mac that now resides on
Windows. I need to be able to read this into IDL on Windows, but so far
I have had no luck. (On a Mac the end of line is a linefeed, on Windows
it is a carriage return/line feed. On Windows, IDL thinks this is a one
line file).  I would like some IDL technique to read this, but if
someone has some C code that can do it I would be interested.

Thanks
Ronn Kling

--
Ronn Kling