[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Curvefit on PV-Wave
- Subject: Re: Curvefit on PV-Wave
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 12:54:32 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <8h6a2s$n1r$1@SonOfMaze.dpo.uab.edu>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19847
R. Kyle Justice (email@example.com) writes:
> Does anyone have a *PV-Wave* routine that will perform a non-linear
> least squares fit? Apparently I am not the only one unhappy with
> the standard CURVEFIT function; I have seen a number of IDL routines
> that would probably give the desired results.
> Maybe I should port these to PV-Wave? This appears to be somewhat
> involved however.
This is a totally uninformed opinion, of course, but
I should have thought the porting would be a slam-dunk.
P.S. Let's just say I doubt if the +, -, *, and / operators
have changed much from when IDL and PV-Wave were the same thing. :-)
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155