Re: Flaw found in histogram on Red Hat Linux

grunes@yahoo.com wrote:

> Under some conditions, the histogram function causes IDL
> to crash with a corrupt array descriptor.  I was unable to
> duplicate the error on other platforms with older versions
> of IDL and PV-WAVE.
>
> I would be curious to know if anyone could test this on
> a version of PV-WAVE for Linux, or on recent versions of
> IDL on other platforms.

    On IDL 5.3 (demo), it crashes :
IDL> .run test2
% Compiled module: TEST1.
% Compiled module: $MAIN$.
       0
       1
       2
       3
       4
       5
       6
       7
       8
       9
      10
      11
% Array has a corrupted descriptor: HIST.
% Execution halted at:  TEST1              11
/home/vincent/idl/perso/test2.pro
%                       $MAIN$             16
/home/vincent/idl/perso/test2.pro

--
Vincent Favre-Nicolin
Laboratoire de Cristallographie                 Phone: +41 (22) 702 63 72