Re: Top 10 IDL Requests

I sent a where-not request to rsinc a few years back and nothing
happened.  I put together a system that processes Gigabytes of satellite
data every day.  It has to take several extra passes through the data
because there is no way to do effecient nested wheres.  Basically, I
want to run a new where on the result of the where-not in order to do
further segmentation on the items not segmented out by the first where
command. I also first asked for user defined map projections probably 6
or 7 years ago.  That never happened either, even when I said, well
PV-Wave has it (or at least claims to).

If fact the only time I ever got RSI to make a change was when I showed
that something in version 5 didn't work the same as version 4 (how the
sign bit is promoted in byte to short to long conversions when they
introduced the concept of unsigned). It might have been 5.2 .vs. 5.1
instead of 5 .v.s. 4.  This seemed to be a high priority for them since
it meant Version 5 wouldn't give the same numerical answer as version 4
in some really limited cases.  It did break some code I was using and
took a while to track down.

Mike Plonski