list widget

Wow, you guys are getting a bit philosophical here.  This is my first
posting and OK you definitely have my respect, but could you possibly
lower yourself to helping with questions like 'Why I don't get multiple
element output from my list widget?' please?

Here is my widget_definition:
Widget_list(tlb,sensitive=1,/multiple,ysize=26,event_pro='anypro')

So I get my array of filenames into my list widget and then try to
select four files by left click + shift left click below (or just
dragging the cursor) so it highlights the desired four file names and
the event.index only gives the index of the last filename.

Is there something obvious I'm doing/not doing or some secret IDL kung
fu I could perform to get it to work?

Thanks very much,
Stu.
(Of the DF academy of IDL programmers)