HDF-EOS - revisited

 I just wanted to share with you all what I learned about using the IDL
EOS calls to open and read the HDF-EOS files. I created a tip's page on
our website to read a sample MODIS Product HDF-EOS file.

   http://www.cira.colostate.edu/special/csuidl/IDLEOS.htm

 I cannot say which one is better - the HDF_SD routines or IDL's EOS_SW
routines. However, it seems to me that the EOS calls are a lot easier. I
still need to test them on large datasets like the 250 meter MODIS data.

 Any comments about the web page are welcomed.

Kelly Dean
CSU/CIRA