Re: Font problems in Linux

> I seem to recall a similar problem on Sun Solaris. In that case, the
> only way I could change the font in dialog_pickfile was to set the
> following resource in $HOME/.Xdefaults
>
> Idl*fontlist: 7x13
>
> This is the only X resource I normally set for IDL.

Didn't work.   But here's the reason.  According to the procedure,

device, font='*', get_fontnames=list_of_fonts

list_of_fonts doesn't contain entries such as "7x13", although the xlsfonts
command definately says they're there.

I tried subsitituting a type1 font name as I did for widget_control, but it
didn't work.  My bet is that the .Xdefaults fontlist option no longer exists
- it's not mentioned *anywhere* in idlhelp.

nick