Re: findgen([variable])

Paul van Delst <pvandelst@ncep.noaa.gov> writes:
> Oof!

Looks like we posted at the same time.  Oof indeed. :-)

> Seems that determining "n" is the hard part...is there a "PRODUCT" type of function in IDL? Like
> TOTAL but with * rather than + as the operator.

There is PRODUCT in the IDL Astronomy Library, and CMPRODUCT from my
web page, which I purport to be faster in most cases.  Alas, there is
no built-in IDL support, but there should be.  Make that my "top
eleventh" request.

> Why doesn't MAKE_ARRAY allow for a dimension vector input?

It does, ever try the DIMENSION keyword, sonny?  :-)

Craig

http://cow.physics.wisc.edu/~craigm/idl/idl.html