[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
CALCUATING FRACTION OF A REGION WITHIN AN IMAGE
- Subject: CALCUATING FRACTION OF A REGION WITHIN AN IMAGE
- From: "Mark Chan" <chanm(at)cadvision.com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:17:51 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: CADVision/PSINet
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:22690
An image consisting of two rock types. Rock type 1 is fragmented, dispersed
irregularly and embedded within rock type 2. Type 1 is generally dark brown
but not of unique color, type 2 color varies between black or dark brown in
The fraction of type 1 as a percentage of total image.
1) Any suggestion on the easiest way to do such computation?
2) Will some sort of image pre-processing help get the job done easier?
3) Any routine/program in existence I can utilize?
Thanks in advance,