Re: IDL 5.4 Stability - wot about the licensing?

landsman@my-deja.com wrote:

>Last month, Paul van Delst wrote:
>

> > One annoying thing I have noticed is that on my linux box I can now
>only have one session
> > of IDL running. Previously every other platform/OS on which I have
>used IDL (that had a
> > single user license) I could open as many IDL sessions as I wanted
>(as the same user). But
> > now I get the "Do you want to wait for a license?" message and then
>into the 7-minute demo
>
>I've finally upgraded to V5.4 on Solaris 2.6 and I am finding the same
>behaviour.   Bernard Puc reported that this problem was known to RSI,
>but has anything been done about it?    If not, then I am hurrying back
>to V5.3.    Thanks,

RSI is rather aware of this problem. They are planning a fix for the next
update. In the mean time, if you can prove to them that it's a nuisance
for you, you might be able to get a temporary license to work around it.
They did state that a way around it is that you can start as many copies
of the IDLDE from the SAME xterminal as you want... of course, hating the
IDLDE as I do, this wasn't really an option for me.

Todd