Re: IDLv5.4

Jeffrey Newmark wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has had problems reading save sets
> made with IDL V5.4 on older versions? Is this a feature? I
> can read old save sets on the new version. If indeed the savesets
> are not backwards compatible, that is very annoying!

Backwards compatibility? Now there's a concept. Isn't what you're trying to do like attempting to
compile Fortran90 code with a FORTRAN IV compiler? Lucky you're not SAVEing compiled code in IDL -
that's not even upwardly compatible!

paulv

--
Paul van Delst                 A little learning is a dangerous thing;
CIMSS @ NOAA/NCEP              Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring;