Re: IDLv5.4

I've been following this discussion with some interest.  I've been
slowly developing and documenting some tools to open, read,
interrogate, and write IDL save files, separate from IDL itself.  For
example I have an IDL procedure while can print a "directory" of the
contents of a save file.  This might also be nice for programmers who
would want to save and restore variables with SAVE files, and don't
want to be stuck with the SAVE and RESTORE commands.

I would imagine that people would be interested in trying this
out.  Is that true?

I would also like to see some examples of this IDL 5.4 behavior.
Maybe I can figure out where it's going wrong.  Email of some short
files would be fine.

Craig