Re: IDLv5.4

Craig Markwardt (craigmnet@cow.physics.wisc.edu) writes:

> On the political side, I think all RSI guaranteed was that SAVE files
> would be *forward* compatible, so they haven't broken any promises.

This is what I remember thinking was the case, too. But
here is what the documentation for the SAVE command says:

   "Note also that save files containing routines may not be
    compatible between different versions of IDL, but that
    files containing data are always backwards-compatible."

Do you suppose "backwards" really means "forward", which
would mean...

Oh, never mind, I'm confused enough chasing events
around at the moment. :-(

Cheers,

David

P.S. Let's just say I'm not even going to mention
the words "Column Major". :-)

--
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting