Re: axis handling - wishlist

Martin Schultz wrote:

> Hello (especially to people from RSI if they are sneeking in),
>
>    today I finally got around to take a closer look at the IDL axis
> handling and spend some thoughts on what I would wish to see in a future
> release of IDL. Maybe one or the other of you would like to comment or

Well, since we're on the subject and it seems to be a slow day on the
newsgroup,
one thing regarding axis drawing I've always been curious about is why the
tick labels
and axis titles get drawn backwards when you rotate a figure (I encountered
it with xsurface,
rotated through 225 degrees about the z axis).  I can't really imagine a
time where you'd want
them drawn backwards, but then I've never been known for my imagination,
either.

Anyone know why it's done this way, and maybe even how to avoid it?