[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
FILE_DELETE permissions ?
- Subject: FILE_DELETE permissions ?
- From: "Richard Tyc" <Richard_Tyc(at)sbrc.umanitoba.ca>
- Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 16:44:50 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: The University of Manitoba
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:22792
OK, stuck again. I am trying to use FILE_DELETE within a procedure to
delete image files after I read and view them. I keep getting the
permission denied error when the procedure runs. However, I can successfully
delete the file at the IDL command line ? Any ideas ?
Incidently, the files are symbolic links residing in a local NFS mounted
directory (pointing to a unix drive on the net). I am running IDL5.4 on a
NT box as Administrator. I can delete the file both from the IDL command
line and Windows explorer ? What is the difference when FILE_DELETE is
executed within a running procedure ?