[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: IDL (and others) fails on 6.5.10f
- Subject: Re: IDL (and others) fails on 6.5.10f
- From: roberson(at)ibd.nrc.ca (Walter Roberson)
- Date: 3 Jan 2001 03:07:06 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.sys.sgi.apps,comp.sys.sgi.bugs,comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: National Research Council Canada
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.sys.sgi.apps:27093 comp.sys.sgi.bugs:15642 comp.lang.idl-pvwave:22794
In article <email@example.com>,
Walter Roberson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
:We have found an IRIX 6.5.10(f) error that renders some applications
:[e.g., RSI's IDL] nearly useless.
:*Do not upgrade to 6.5.10f if you need IDL*
:More specifically, the IRIX bug has to do with using
:brk() or sbrk() to return memory to IRIX.
This problem was new to SGI, but they have isolated the problem
and found a work-around already. To get around this problem,
remove the eoe.sw.jlimits subsystem, autoconfig, and reboot.
[Note: be sure to do the autoconfig yourself, as IRIX does not
automatically notice the removal of the kernel object file.]
So, if you do not need job limits, then you should be able to
use IDL on IRIX 6.5.10f.