IDL 5.3, Trouble with Laptop under Linux, using TrueColor

I'm Using IDL 5.3 under Linux RedHat 6.2 (Helix-Gnome Desktop)
To plot in a window it is necessary to set

set_plot, 'x'
device, decompressed=0

But this causes me to use TrueColor, which is supported by the graphic chip
of my Latop (a ACER 510T), but not in accalerated mode.
Also some programs, such as Acrobat Reader 4.x "don't like" TrueColor under
Linux and crashes.

Does anyone know a solution or workaround for this problem?
Plotting only in a PS-file is a workaround, but not very useful for my
needings. ;-)

--
Reinhard