Re: Which like command for IDL?

Martin Schultz (martin.schultz@dkrz.de) writes:

>     this brings up an interesting legal/buisiness question: If
> file_which is an IDL file (.pro) distributed with 5.4 is it then
> permitted to use this routine with earlier versions of IDL (provided
> it works)?

I've no idea about this, although I have to imagine that
the good folks at RSI have better things to do than run
around harassing customers about using RSI-supplied
programs written in IDL. :-)

It is a moot point anyway, in this case, since the program
uses some of the neat new SWITCH, BREAK, etc. stuff that
comes in IDL 5.4, and will not compile in earlier versions.

Cheers,

David

P.S. Let's just say for all of you poor relations out
there, we have the Coyote library and its crummy WHICH
program. :-)

--
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting