Re: Which like command for IDL?

David Fanning (davidf@dfanning.com) writes:

> It is a moot point anyway, in this case, since the program
> uses some of the neat new SWITCH, BREAK, etc. stuff that
> comes in IDL 5.4, and will not compile in earlier versions.

Interestingly, the FILE_WHICH program supplied in IDL 5.4
calls a built-in, but undocumented, program STRTOK, which
appears to separate the path subdirectories based on
a delimiter supplied to the function. I'll leave it
to the expert sleuths in the group to tell us what it
*really* does. :-)

Cheers,

David
--